Saturday, December 10, 2005

Never Put it Off...Begin Procrastinating Immediately

My motto definitely could be, “Why do today what can be put off until tomorrow?” However, I think even that may not make clear my procrastination problem. One example comes to mind, and this happened a few months ago (I have procrastinated writing about it until now). I came home from work one day to find that the brand-new telephone book had been left on my driveway. I grabbed it and, not knowing where to put it, decided to open my front door, throw it on my foyer floor and decide what to do with it later. So I did.

It landed on top of last year’s phone book.

That’s right. Last year's phone book sat on my foyer floor for an entire year. I had no idea it was there that long. I guess I would look at it and think to myself that I “would have to address that later”. And, somehow, “later” became twelve months. At least I finally had a place for it: the recycling bin.

So I guess my motto should be, “Why do today what you could further procrastinate and not even do tomorrow, or really ever, unless you are forced to?”

6 comments:

  1. This is soooo me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Joe, tell everyone how you came by procrastination quite honestly. Remember Mom's 'garage sale'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave me out of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about the Christmas tree we left up for how many years? How tall were those several stacks of newspapers before we decided to throw them out? I have about 1000+ procrastinations I witnessed on your behalf. Its nice to see the more things change, the more they stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas tree! Haha! I forgot about that! Believe me, I am going to get a LOT of writing material from our old place. Like how our welcome mat was where you would wipe your feet on your way out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave me out of this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like crack for bloggers, and I'm a big-time addict. Please leave one here!

(You do not need to sign in to leave a comment. You can leave a comment using only your name OR you can be completely anonymous by choosing the appropriate "identity" below)

Google